TeamViewer is a free and feature-packed remote access software program that lets people share their screens with other devices
Program available in: English
Program license: Free
Program by: TeamViewer
Works under:Windows 7
Teamviewer is a program that allows users to give and receive technical assistance remotely, available for commercial and personal use.
This Windows app has an unprecedented level of features, allowing anyone to install the app and receive immediate technical assistance. It works similarly to VNC, allowing someone who has the "key" needed to connect remotely to have complete desktop access.
The program is completely free for personal use. This means that friends can remotely use each other's machines, and you can connect to your PC from another computer without paying for a license. However, licenses for commercial use range greatly in price depending on the size of the company using it and what features are being used. It can be an all-in-one remote customer support platform if a company desires it to be.
Over the years, Teamviewer has been criticized for vulnerabilities in the platform. For example, there was a period of time where there was a publicly available "backdoor" that allowed users to remotely connect without authentication or authorization. While this has been patched, some are still wary of using the product.
- Sleek and intuitive interface for customers and businesses
- Free to use for individuals and fees on a varying basis for companies
- Longest-running remote support platform still in existence
- Prior vulnerabilities in the platform took some market share from the product
- Allows strangers full access to your PC if being used commercially
- Known lag issue that is being worked on each release